January is a good time for reflection, especially now, as Mercury is in retrograde until the 18th of January.
It’s a time to slow down, stop ‘doing’ and permit ourselves to ‘be’.
Being is a gift as it creates the space to be present and offers much in synchronicity, magic, and self-awareness.
Each year, I choose a word that will be my focus, and this year, two came to me.
The first was ‘freedom’. Ahh, how inspirational, light, and warm it felt.
The second was ‘balance’, a familiar reminder, yet the word ‘freedom’ was my first insight, which I will focus on this year.
So, what does ‘freedom’ mean to me?
- Freedom to choose what I think and step away from those worrying thoughts that don’t serve me and lower my vibration.
It’s empowering when we take charge and unhook from those unhelpful thoughts.
- Freedom from expectations either from myself or others.
It’s lovely to have purpose, focus, and anticipation, but expectations create heavy energy that often results in misunderstandings and unhappiness.
- Freedom to be me. The cheeky, fun-loving, kind, compassionate, intuitive, creative, artistic being that I am.
Sometimes we lose ourselves in the many hats we wear daily. It’s time to prioritise and breathe life into the very heart of our being.
It’s easy for busyness to overshadow our needs, wants and dreams.
Freedom to be me is where boundaries and work-life balance can be very supportive. We can make choices in alignment with our word for the year by asking ourselves, “What is important for me right now?” Now that feels freeing 😊
- Freedom to explore, expand and open to my curiosities.
- Freedom to nourish my creative side through writing, art, speaking and singing.
- Freedom to stay in the flow, no pushing against the current; appreciate the simplicity and ease while enjoying the ride.
Having faith in my dreams and believing in them, and being patient, knowing that whatever is for my highest good is coming to me.
- Freedom to sing, dance, laugh, drum, and explore meaningful relationships. After all, we are only here for a short time on this planet. I can’t believe how quickly the years have flown by, and I’m yet to hit my stride 😉
I have to say I’m quietly excited about what this year will offer, and already I’ve experienced the magic, synchronicity, and rewards of embracing my word ‘freedom’ and what it means to me.
I encourage you to sit quietly, place your hands on your heart, breathe gently, and ask, “What is my word for this year?”
Then trust you will receive this gift of insight, and it will begin something profound, magical, and enlightening for you.
Happy 2023 beautiful soul.
Love you, Maria x
Transformational Mentoring Packages
At different times in our life, we may experience personal and professional challenges that block our path and progress to happiness and fulfilment.
When we seek guidance to unlock those blocks, it empowers a new and enriching direction and focus.
That’s why I’ve created these Transformational Packages ❤️
Learn more HERE